HSA 599 Week 11 Case Study 2 - GE Healthcare (B) - A CSR Dilemma -
Read the case study titled “GE Healthcare (B): A CSR Dilemma”. Reviewing the case study titled “GE Healthcare (A): Innovating for Emerging Markets” may be helpful in supporting your arguments.
Write a two to three (2-3) page paper in which you:
- Determine two (2) specific ethical issues that General Electric (GE) Healthcare faced when implementing its strategy to introduce low cost diagnostic equipment to developing countries. Recommend two (2) actions that GE can take to resolve these ethical issues.
- Analyze the concepts of professional and applied ethics and determine whether GE Healthcare breeched these concepts in the development of its low cost alternatives for diagnostic medical equipment. Provide one (1) specific example to support your rationale.
- Determine whether GE Healthcare has any responsibility in resolving the issue of a preference for male children in cultures where its diagnostic ultrasound products are sold. Recommend one (1) strategy that would enable GE Healthcare to balance its responsibility of continued growth and development with any ethical or moral concerns investors and human rights groups might have regarding the use of its equipment in controlling the birth rates of male children in some cultures.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Analyze the roles of and the relationships among organizational mission, vision, values, and strategic goals, and why they are called directional strategies.
- Apply analytic skills to define strategic problems, generate and evaluate strategic alternatives, and develop implementation tactics.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in the strategic management of health care organizations.
- Write clearly and concisely about strategic management of health care organizations using proper writing mechanics.