EDU 599 Week 6 Skill Analysis with Media Component -
This assignment consists of two (2) sections: a skill analysis paper and a media presentation. You must submit both sections as separate files for the completion of this assignment. Label each file name according to the section of the assignment for which it is written.
Section 1: Media Presentation
- Create a fifteen (15) minute media or multimedia presentation in which you:
- Display the way(s) in which you have applied or planned to apply what you learned in the M.Ed. Program (regarding the skill, lesson, or accomplishment that you identified) within your current or prospective work environment.
- Include any of the following forms of media, but you are not limited to these: audio files, videos, PowerPoint presentations with animation, Prezi presentations, or pictures of classroom activities or projects. Note: When incorporating information from the workplace, be sure to remove all identifying information such as the name of the organization, the names of individual affiliates, and sensitive or proprietary information. Check with your supervisor before you share information from your workplace.
Section 2: Skill Analysis Paper
Write a commentary of your media presentation. Analyze the development of your teaching, coaching, training, or leadership skills throughout your M.Ed. Program coursework. Focus upon a specific skill, lesson, or accomplishment related to both your portfolio theme and your work environment.
Use the Internet or the Strayer Library to research strategies for enhancing your effectiveness in applying your knowledge to your teaching, coaching, training, or leadership.
Note: The papers / artifacts / examples that you provided are not included in the required page length but must be attached within an appendix. If you do not have an artifact, attach the description(s) of your chosen previous assignment(s).
- Write a three to four (3-4) page paper in which you:
- Indicate your portfolio theme, and explain the key specific skill, lesson, or accomplishment upon which you are focusing. Describe your current or prospective work environment in order to establish a context for your analysis.
- Analyze key aspects of your coursework that contributed to the development of the specific skill, lesson, or accomplishment upon which you are focusing. Provide one to three (1-3) pieces of evidence / artifacts / examples that demonstrate your knowledge and growth with respect to the skill, lesson, or accomplishment in question.
- Analyze the manner in which your media presentation illustrates the previous or future application of your knowledge to your teaching, coaching, training, or leadership efforts. Provide a rationale for your analysis. Include a brief discussion of the ways in which your media presentation demonstrates application of at least one (1) pertinent learning theory that you studied during your M.Ed. Program coursework.
- Specify at least two (2) research based techniques / ideas / recommendations that you plan to employ in the future to enhance your effectiveness as a teacher, coach, trainer, or leader.
- Upload both sections of Assignment 1 to your Optimal Resume portfolio. Copy and paste your portfolio’s URL into the comment box of Assignment 1 to submit the assignment to Blackboard.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Apply theoretical and practical knowledge gained in prior program courses to explore a new topic or synthesize understanding in the concentration area and the overall Strayer University Master of Education program.
- Develop a working portfolio that focuses on a specific theme or project tied to the Strayer University Master of Education program goals and the learner’s area of concentration.
- Create materials that demonstrate the analysis, synthesis, and intersection of course work in the Strayer University Master of Education program.
- Create a media component that reflects one of your special skills, lessons, or accomplishments to include in the professional portfolio.
- Use technology and information resources to research information about education.
- Write clearly and concisely about education using proper writing mechanics.