OPS 571 Week 4 Quiz -
1. A work breakdown structure is
- a hierarchy of tasks, subtasks, and work packages
- a Cost and Performance tracking schedule
- a structure that is incompatible with the Critical Path Method
- a simple list of the activities making up a project
2. The vertical axis on a Gantt chart is usually which of the following?
3. Which of the following identifies a key principle of Reengineering?
- Organize around tasks.
- Downsize (layoff) workers and do the same amount of work as before.
- Merge information processing work into the real work that produces the information.
- Capture information both at the source and where it is interpreted.
4. At the onset, a project originates as which of the following?
- A Gantt chart
- A series of milestones
- Critical path method (CPM)
- A statement of work (SOW
5. Consulting firms typically use which of the following techniques to plan and monitor the engagements of the firm or specific projects?
- Qualitative forecasting
- Materials requirements planning (MRP)
- Quantitative layout
6. A Responsibility Chart specifically identifies which of the following?
- Planning the tasks for a project
- Customer satisfaction
- Commitment to quality
- Level of inventory
7. Which of the following would be the result of subdividing a project?
- Job orders
- Work events
- Job categories
8. Which project progress technique includes the essential features of a project plan, budgeted cost of work scheduled and budgeted cost of work performed?
- Earned value management
- Critical path method
- Cost analysis
- Gantt chart
9. An example of a graphic project report utilized within project management is:
- Project proposal
- Equipment and supplies chart
- Humphrey chart
- Cost and performance tracking schedule