MKT 578 Week 5 Public Relations Planning Paper -
MKT 578 Week 5 Public Relations Planning Paper
Write a paper of no more than 2,450 words describing your proposed public relations plan based on the organizational scenario described in the Week Two Problem Framing Paper.
Include the following:
- The objectives that the public relations campaign is expected to achieve
- The organization's internal and external publics
- A discussion of the public relations tactics (tools) that will likely be used in the plan, including such tools as press conferences, community events, newsletters, direct mail, web-based communiqués, sponsorships, and spokespersons
- 200- to 300-word press release--applicable towards the overall assignment word count--written initially for the print media, in which the organization states its initial acknowledgment, response, and position with respect to the selected scenario
- Adaptations of the same press release for TV or radio
- Preparation for a hypothetical press conference follow-up to the press release, including selection of venue, spokesperson, format (such as a brief statement followed by a question and answer session), scope of discussion, and duration
- Anticipated responses likely to emerge from the array of internal and external publics should be considered in addition to the contingencies (damage control) that might be implemented during the press conference if there is a negative response to the initial press release.
- An evaluation of the possible outcomes of the overall public relations campaign including the most probable risks and benefits for the organization's business
Include at least three references, at least one of which must come from
the University Library and one of which must be from the learning activities citing
public relations theory.
Format your paper consistent with APA guidelines.