MGT 527 Week 2 Career Plan Building Activity -
Individual Assignment - Career Plan Building Activity: Competencies and Career Interests Profiler
By completing the My Career Plan activities in this course, you are taking some of the first steps to creating a career plan that will help you reach your career goals.
• If you need additional information, review the My Career Plan Student Guide, located on the My Career Plan website.
• For assistance with content in the Phoenix Career Plan, contact your academic counselor. For technical issues, contact your academic counselor or technical support at
Access the Career Interests Profiler and the Career Plan Building Activity: Competencies from https://careers.phoenix.edu/careerplan.
html. You can also access the Career Interests Profiler and the Career Plan Building Activities by going to My Career Plan within Phoenix Career Services in the Library tab of your student website.
Complete the Career Interests Profiler and the Career Plan Building Activity: Competencies.
• You may have already completed the Career Interests Profiler during enrollment. Your results will be saved if this is the case.
• You must complete both the Career Interests Profiler and the Career
Plan Building Activity: Competencies to proceed with My Career Plan in the following weeks. You may access your results at any time in My Career Plan.
Write a paper of 300-350 words discussing the results of your Career Plan Building Activities.
• Discuss the ways in which understanding your personal competencies will help you to become a better communicator and consultant.
• How might you need to change your communication techniques to work with the different functional areas of your business?
• How might you need to change your communication techniques to create an effective client–consultant relationship?
Which competencies should you specifically focus on to adapt your communication techniques?