HST 155 Week 4 The Western Experience -
Choose one of the following people who lived in the 19th century:
• A female pioneer on the Oregon Trail
• A Mormon pioneer in Utah
• A gold miner in California
• A Shoshoni Indian in Wyoming when Europeans arrived
• A White slave owner in Mexican Texas
• A Mexican Tejano or Tejana in American Texas
• A soldier at the Alamo during the battle
• A Native American displaced into Oklahoma
Write a 400 to 500-word journal entry, either as a story or an explanation about that person, and includes the following:
• Describe the social, economic, and political forces of the times.
• Describe the U.S. acquisition of the territory where you live and discuss the effects of the acquisition on your life. (For example, if you chose to be a Mormon pioneer, discuss the United States' acquisition of the Utah territory, and discuss its effect on people living in the territory at the time.)
Cite your sources consistent with APA guidelines.
Supporting Material: The Western Experience Rubric