HRM 531 Week 4 Quiz -
1. The impact of training on _____ is the most significant, but it is the most difficult effect to demonstrate.
- action learning
- trainee self-esteem
- organizational results
2. _____ analysis is helpful in determining the special needs of a particular group, such as older workers, women, or managers at different levels.
3. When trainees are given the opportunity to practice far beyond the point where they have performed a task correctly several times, the task becomes second nature and is
4. In evaluating training programs, it is important to distinguish _____ from data-collection methods.
- targets of evaluation
- organizational payoffs
- cost-benefit analysis
- individual participation
5. Which of the following is an example of an on-the-job training method?
- Intelligent tutoring
- Role playing
- Understudy assignments
- Case method
6. The level of training needs analysis that focuses on identifying whether training supports the company’s strategic direction is called _____ analysis.
7. Which of the following is an example of the simulation method of training?
- Job rotation
- Correspondence courses
8. Training methods used to stimulate learning can be classified in three ways, one of which is
- intelligent tutoring
- on-the-job training
9. _____ refers to the material that is rich in association for the trainees and is therefore easily understood by them.
- Training paradox
- Pygmalion effect
10. The evaluation phase is one phase of the process for effective training to occur. Which of the following is not a part of the evaluation phase?
- Develop criteria
- Monitor training
- Select training media
- Pretest trainees
11. Which theory is founded on the premise that an individual’s intentions regulate his or her behavior?
- Goal theory
- Grounded theory
- Correspondent inference theory
- Attribution theory
12. The level of training needs analysis that attempts to identify the content of the training is _____ analysis.