HCS 482 Week 3 Informatics Needs Assessment -
Resource: Informatics Needs Assessment Grading Criteria
Consider the following scenario:
Upper management at your workplace has decided to change from an old or manual documentation system to a new electronic health record (EHR) system. Nurses are being asked for their input to help the organization select the most appropriate product.
Write 700- to 1,500-word paper describing how a needs assessment could provide relevant feedback to upper management.
Address the following:
• Explain how and why a needs assessment must be completed before a new EHR may be selected.
• Describe some of the factors that need to be considered in the needs assessment.
• Explain what data you want to collect and how or where you can access it.
• Describe who you would consult and why.
• Note. Do not include names; list only professional roles (such as
Chief Nursing Officer).
Reference your course textbook and two additional peer-reviewed references, and develop an APA-formatted reference page.
Format your paper consistent with APA guidelines.
Click the Assignment Files tab to submit your paper.
Note. The goal of the Informatics Needs Assessment assignment is to develop a process flow on how a nurse might complete a needs assessment. Students are NOT instructed to complete a needs assessment.
Supporting Material: Informatics Needs Assessment Grading Criteria