BSHS 342 Week 4 Observe an Adult or Middle Aged Adult -
Observe a person in the adult to middle-adult stage of life, and record your observations on the observation form in the Course Materials forum.
Individual Assignment - Changes in Adulthood
For this assignment, you will choose from the following options:
· Option 1: Personal Perspective on Changes in Adulthood
· Option 2: Paper on a Popular Movie
1. Paper on Perspectives on Changes in Adulthood:
Prepare a 1050-1750 word paper on your personal perspectives on changes that occur throughout early, middle, and late adulthood. Answer the following questions:
1) What is your personal philosophy?
2) How do you perceive changes in activities, relationships, health, and mental outlook?
3) Are your views based on experience and/or observation?
Because this is a subjective opinion paper, no research is required. However, all papers MUST meet UOP writing standards and be written in APA style.
2. Paper on a popular movie that focuses on adulthood and life transitions:
Select a movie from the list below and after viewing it, write a 1050-1750 word paper that addresses the following questions:
1) How can the main character/characters be viewed from a biological, cognitive, and psychosocial perspective?
2) What are the various ways in which each main character copes with biological changes as a result of aging?
3) What changes occur in the family composition and lifestyle of these characters?
4) How does each character cope with death, dying, and his or her theories on “the afterlife,” if any?
Autumn in New York—2000
Grumpier Old Men—2004
It’s a Wonderful Life—1946
On Golden Pond—1981
Substantiate your writing with references from the text and be sure to follow APA style.