BCOM 475 Week 5 Complete -
DQ 1. Define business ethics. How does an organization communicate its ethical standards? What might an organization do to enforce its ethical standards?
DQ 2. Find a company online and review its ethical conduct policy. What type of statement does the organization use, such as values, beliefs ,or corporate codes? Why would a company choose one statement over another? Why is the ethical statement important to communications?
DQ 3. What steps does a company need to take to achieve successful strategic communication? How are these steps incorporated into a communications plan?
Individual Assignment - Internet Strategist Paper
Assume you are an Internet strategist for the company you selected in Week One. Evaluate the company’s current use of the Internet and other technologies in communication. You must also make suggestions on the use of new technologies.
Resource: Company Communication Vehicle selected in Week One
Write a 1,050- to 1,400-word paper in which you address the following:
- How does the company deliver communications to its audience through the Internet?
- Compare this company’s communication strategy with other companies in this field. Do the companies communicate differently on the Internet? Are the companies delivering on the promises of the website? Are the companies communicating properly to the audience? Why or why not?
Compare the uses of the different technologies available for the company in communication. What are the benefits associated with each techonology? What are the drawbacks? Does the company use the technologies effectively in communications? What new trends in technology and communication might this company employ? What communication strategy might you recommend to get their audience more involved or committed to their product?
Learning Team Assignment - Strategic Communications Plan
Consider the merger you used for your previous Learning Team Assignments. Review the external communication strategy and internal communication strategy your team developed.
Create a strategic communications plan to help the merging companies get through the first year of the merger. Include the following in your strategic communications plan:
- Executive summary
- Overview: Address the issue and provide background information.
- Situational analysis: Consider political, economic, social, ethical, and technological factors that are involved in the issue; and perform a SWOTT analysis. Address the competition and media involvement.
- Communications goals and objectives: What are the companies trying to accomplish? Be specific. Address internal goals and external goals.
- Target audience: Identify the internal audience and external audience.
- Communications strategy: Identify the messages to communicate and the communications channels.
- Communications tactics: Address communications materials and activities along with an implementation plan.
- Measurement and evaluation: Identify how the results are measured and Any adjustments that could be made on the plan.
Ethical implications: Define the ethical framework for your plan. Discuss possible ethical implications and how to handle those implications.