ECO 561 Week 2 Complete -
DQ1.Distinguish between explicit and implicit costs, and between normal and economic profits.
DQ2.Briefly (in a few words) state the basic characteristics of pure competition, pure monopoly, monopolistic competition, and oligopoly. Under which of these market classifications does each of the following most accurately fit? (a) a supermarket in your hometown; (b) the steel industry; (c) a Kansas wheat farm; (d) the commercial bank in which you or your family has an account; (e) the automobile industry. In each case justify your classification.
DQ3.Why do you think the resource demand curve slopes downward? What are some determinants of resource demand?
Individual Assignment - Week Two Knowledge Check
Complete the Week Two Knowledge Check
Individual Assignment - Market Equilibration Process Paper
Equilibration is the process of moving between two equilibrium points as a result of some change in supply or demand. Understanding how market equilibrium is sought following such a change is essential for business managers. It is important to understand how economic principles, and specifically supply, demand, and their determents are a part of your everyday business decisions.
Write a paper, or create a PowerPoint presentation using a real world experience in a free market (not government regulated) to describe a change that occurred in supply or demand as a result of world events that led to the need for a move between two equilibrium states. Explain the process of how that movement occurred using behaviors of consumers and suppliers. Graph the movement between the two
points as well.
• Include academic research to support your ideas
• Consider the Law of demand and the determinants of demand
• Consider the Law of supply and the determinants of supply
• Describe Efficient markets theory
• Explain Surplus and shortage
• Deliver the content in no more than a 700-word paper, OR 7- to 10- slide Microsoft PowerPoint presentation (Please choose one of these choices, not both)
• Use University of Phoenix Material: Appendix A to create graphs illustrating the movement between the two equilibrium points and include this in the body of the assignment.
• Your assignment is consistent with APA guidelines.
Click the Assignment Files tab to submit your assignment.