Multiple Choice Question 86
An aging of a company's accounts receivable indicates that $4,500 are estimated to be uncollectible. If Allowance for Doubtful Accounts has a $1,200 credit balance, the adjustment to record bad debts for the period will require a
- debit to Bad Debt Expense for $4,500.
- debit to Bad Debt Expense for $3,300.
- credit to Allowance for Doubtful Accounts for $4,500.
- debit to Allowance for Doubtful Accounts for $3,300.
Multiple Choice Question 182
The financial statements of the Melton Manufacturing Company reports net sales of $300,000 and accounts receivable of $50,000 and $30,000 at the beginning of the year and end of year, respectively. What is the average collection period for accounts receivable in days?
Final Exam Answers just a click away ACC 291 Final Exam
Multiple Choice Question 119
Stine Company purchased machinery with a list price of $64,000. They were given a 10% discount by the manufacturer. They paid $400 for shipping and sales tax of $3,000. Stine estimates that the machinery will have a useful life of 10 years and a residual value of $20,000. If Stine uses straight-line depreciation, annual depreciation will be
Multiple Choice Question 198
Given the following account balances at year end, compute the total intangible assets on the balance sheet of Janssen Enterprises.
Accounts Receivable 4,000,000
Research & Development Costs 2,000,000
Find the quiz answers here ACC 291 Final Exam Answers
Multiple Choice Question 207
On January 1, a machine with a useful life of five years and a residual value of $40,000 was purchased for $120,000. What is the depreciation expense for year 2 under the double-declining-balance method of depreciation?
IFRS Multiple Choice Question 01
As a recent graduate of State University you're aware that IFRS requires component depreciation for plant assets. A friend has asked you to succinctly explain what component depreciation means. Which of the following correctly describes component depreciation?
- The method that requires that significant parts of a plant asset with different useful lives be depreciated separately.
- The method used to ensure that the depreciation rate remains constant from year to year.
- The method used to prorate annual depreciation on a time basis.
- The method of depreciation recommended for an asset that is expected to be significantly more productive in the first half of its useful life.
Want to check out the complete Assignment..?? Visit ACC 291
Multiple Choice Question 146
Bonds with a face value of $300,000 and a quoted price of 97¼ have a selling price of
Multiple Choice Question 188
Sparks Company received proceeds of $423,000 on 10-year, 8% bonds issued on January 1, 2013. The bonds had a face value of $400,000, pay interest annually on December 31st, and have a call price of 102. Sparks uses the straight-line method of amortization. What is the carrying value of the bonds on January 1, 2015?
Want to see the Entire Course Assignment..?? Click UOP ACC 291 Individual Assignments
Multiple Choice Question 90
S. Lawyer performed legal services for E. Corp. Due to a cash shortage, an agreement was reached whereby E. Corp. would pay S. Lawyer a legal fee of approximately $15,000 by issuing 8,000 shares of its common stock (par $1). The stock trades on a daily basis and the market price of the stock on the day the debt was settled is $1.80 per share. Given this information, the best journal entry for E. Corp. to record for this transaction is
- Legal Expense 14,400
Paid-in Capital in Excess of Par - Common6,400
- Legal Expense 15,000
- Legal Expense 15,000
Paid-in Capital in Excess of Par - Common7,000
- Legal Expense 14,400
Multiple Choice Question 110
Logan Corporation issues 50,000 shares of $50 par value preferred stock for cash at $60 per share. The entry to record the transaction will consist of a debit to Cash for $3,000,000 and a credit or credits to
- Preferred Stock for $2,500,000 and Paid-in Capital in Excess of Par Value—Preferred Stock for $500,000.
- Preferred Stock for $2,500,000 and Retained Earnings for $500,000.
- Paid-in Capital from Preferred Stock for $3,000,000.
- Preferred Stock for $3,000,000.
Want to check out the complete Final Exam Paper..?? Visit ACC 291 Final Exam Questions Answers
IFRS Multiple Choice Question 01
Jahnke Corporation issued 8,000 shares of €2 par value ordinary shares for €11 per share. The journal entry to record the sale will include
- a credit to Share Capital–Ordinary for €88,000.
- a debit to Retained Earnings for €72,000.
- a debit to Cash for €16,000.
- a credit to Share Premium–Ordinary for €72,000.
Multiple Choice Question 80
Zoum Corporation had the following transactions during 2014:
1. Issued $125,000 of par value common stock for cash.
2. Recorded and paid wages expense of $60,000.
3. Acquired land by issuing common stock of par value $50,000.
4. Declared and paid a cash dividend of $10,000.
5. Sold a long-term investment (cost $3,000) for cash of $3,000.
6. Recorded cash sales of $400,000.
7. Bought inventory for cash of $160,000.
8. Acquired an investment in Zynga stock for cash of $21,000.
9. Converted bonds payable to common stock in the amount of $500,000.
10. Repaid a 6 year note payable in the amount of $220,000.
What is the net cash provided by financing activities?
Click here to download Instantly ACC 291 Entire Course
Multiple Choice Question 176
Colie Company had an increase in inventory of $120,000. The cost of goods sold was $490,000. There was a $30,000 decrease in accounts payable from the prior period. Using the direct method of reporting cash flows from operating activities, what were Colie's cash payments to suppliers?
IFRS Multiple Choice Question 04
Each of the following items may be classified as operating or financing activities under IFRS except
- dividends paid.
- dividends received.
- interest paid. (Incorrect)
- all of these answer choices may be classified as such.
Click here to download Complete Answers of ACC 291 Week 5 Complete
Multiple Choice Question 165
The current assets of Orangatte Company are $227,500. The current liabilities are $130,000. The current ratio expressed as a proportion is
- $210,000 ÷ $120,000.
Multiple Choice Question 41
All of the following requirements about internal controls were enacted under the Sarbanes Oxley Act of 2002 except:
- independent outside auditors must eliminate redundant internal control.
- companies must continually assess the functionality of internal controls.
- independent outside auditors must attest to the level of internal control.
- companies must develop sound internal controls over financial reporting.
Want to see the Final Exam Questions..?? Click ACC 291 Final Exam Answers
Multiple Choice Question 85
Which of the following is not an internal control activity for cash?
- The number of persons who have access to cash should be limited.
- The functions of record keeping and maintaining custody of cash should be combined.
- Surprise audits of cash on hand should be made occasionally.
- All cash receipts should be recorded promptly.
Multiple Choice Question 92
Before a check authorization is issued, the following documents must be in agreement, except for the
- purchase order.
- remittance advice.
- receiving report.
Complete Answers just a click away ACC 291 Week 5
Multiple Choice Question 115
Mitchell Corporation bought equipment on January 1, 2014 .The equipment cost $180,000 and had an expected salvage value of $30,000. The life of the equipment was estimated to be 6 years. The book value of the equipment at the beginning of the third year would be
Multiple Choice Question 142
Brevard Corporation purchased a taxicab on January 1, 2013 for $25,500 to use for its shuttle business. The cab is expected to have a five-year useful life and no salvage value. During 2014, it retouched the cab's paint at a cost of $1,200, replaced the transmission for $3,000 (which extended its life by an additional 2 years), and tuned-up the motor for $150. If Brevard Corporation uses straight-line depreciation, what annual depreciation will Brevard report for 2014?
To download the complete Questions and Answers click ACC 291 Entire Course
Multiple Choice Question 164
On July 1, 2014, Fleming Company sells machinery for $120,000. The machinery originally cost $300,000, had an estimated 5-year life and an expected salvage value of $50,000. The Accumulated Depreciation account had a balance of $175,000 on January 1, 2014, using the straight-line method. The gain or loss on disposal is
- $20,000 gain.
- $5,000 loss.
- $10,000 loss.
- $5,000 gain.
Multiple Choice Question 180
On July 1, 2014, Linden Company purchased the copyright to Norman Computer Tutorials for $140,000. It is estimated that the copyright will have a useful life of 5 years. The amount of Amortization Expense recognized for the year 2014 would be
Want to download the Questions..??Click ACC 291 Final Exam Study Materials
Multiple Choice Question 120
The following totals for the month of April were taken from the payroll records of Metz Company.
FICA taxes withheld 2,295
Income taxes withheld 6,600
Medical insurance deductions 1,200
Federal unemployment taxes 240
State unemployment taxes 1,500
The entry to record accrual of employer’s payroll taxes would include a
- credit to FICA Taxes Payable for $1,740.
- credit to Payroll Tax Expense for $1,740.
- debit to Payroll Tax Expense for $4,035.
- credit to Payroll Tax Expense for $4,035.
Multiple Choice Question 242
Thayer Company purchased a building on January 2 by signing a long-term $2,520,000 mortgage with monthly payments of $23,100. The mortgage carries an interest rate of 10 percent. The amount owed on the mortgage after the first payment will be
Find the final exam answers here ACC 291 Final Exam Questions Answers
Multiple Choice Question 96
The following data is available for BOX Corporation at December 31, 2014:
Common stock, par $10 (authorized 30,000 shares) $250,000
Treasury stock (at cost $15 per share) $1,200
Based on the data, how many shares of common stock are outstanding?
- 29,920. (Incorrect)
Multiple Choice Question 144
Indicate the respective effects of the declaration of a cash dividend on the following balance sheet sections:
Total AssetsTotal LiabilitiesTotal Stockholders' Equity
- Decrease Increase Decrease
- Increase Decrease No change
- Decrease No change Increase
- No change Increase Decrease
Complete paper here ACC 291 Complete Assignments
Multiple Choice Question 102
Assume the following cost of goods sold data for a company:
If 2013 is the base year, what is the percentage increase in cost of goods sold from 2013 to 2015?
Multiple Choice Question 179
A company has an average inventory on hand of $75,000 and its average days in inventory is 36.5 days. What is the cost of goods sold?
Final Exam Answers just a click away ACC 291 Final Exam questions with answers
Multiple Choice Question 199
The following information is available for Patterson Company:
Accounts receivable $ 360,000 $ 340,000
Inventory 280,000 320,000
Net credit sales 3,000,000 2,600,000
Cost of goods sold 1,500,000 840,000
Net income 300,000 170,000
The accounts receivable turnover for 2014 is
- 4.3 times.
- 8.6 times.
- 7.6 times.
- 8.3 times.
Multiple Choice Question 221
All of the following situtations below might indicate a company has a low quality of earnings except
- Maintenance costs are capitalized and then depreciated (Incorrect).
- Revenue is recognized when earned.
- A lack of disclosure about guaranteed payments that were mentioned in the MD&A of the annual report.
- Adoption of a different inventory method for each of the last three years.
Find the final exam answers here ACC 291 Final Exam Answers
IFRS Multiple Choice Question 05
- implies that receivables with different characteristics should be reported as one unsegregated amount.
- implies that receivables with different characteristics should be reported separately.
- requires that receivables with different characteristics should be reported as one unsegregated amount.
- requires that receivables with different characteristics should be reported separately.
This article covers the topic for the University Of Phoenix ACC 291 Final Exam. The author is working in the field of education from last 5 years. This article covers the basic of ACC 291 Final Exam Assignment from UOP. Other topics in the class are as follows:
Want to check other classes..?? Visit: www.studentehelp.com
UOP Materials ACC 291 UOP Tutorials ACC 291 UOP Entire Class ACC 291 ACC 291 final exam answers uop UOP ACC 291 Final Exam HomeWork Help ACC 291 Week 1 Complete Course UOP ACC 291 Week 2 Class ACC 291 week 4 individual Assignments ACC 291 week 5 quiz ACC 291 Week 4 Complete Course ACC 291 Week 3 DQ 2 ACC 291 Week 5 WileyPLUS ACC 291 WEEK 1 COMPLETE ACC 291 A+ UOP Assignment ACC 291 UOP Latest Tutorials